This easy chopped green salad is delicious and satisfying for a quick lunch or healthy dinner. The flavors are reminiscent of deli salad, but with a vegetarian twist using beans and nuts for plant-based protein.
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 2 cups thinly sliced brussels sprouts
- 1 cup cubed white cheddar
- 1/2 cup halved black olives
- 10 pepperoncini peppers, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Santé Nuts Sweet & Spicy Pecans
- 1/2 cup Santé Nuts Garlic Almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2-4 tbsp)
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Make the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Assemble the salad in a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss until salad is coated.
- Top with chopped pecans and almonds.
Recipe by Food by Maria featuring Santé Sweet & Spicy Pecans and Garlic Almonds.