This fiery summer salad is inspired by Mexican street corn. It's spicy, a little sweet, and super flavorful. Most of the heat comes from a topping of our Inferno Almonds, seasoned with a powerful blend of peppers that will leave your mouth watering for more.
Yield: 4 servings
- 5 ears corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 cups butter lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- ½ cup Santé Inferno Almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Chili powder, to taste
- Prepare a hot grill or heat a grill pan over medium-high. Brush corn with oil, then grill, turning frequently, until charred on all sides. When slightly cooled, cut corn kernels off cobs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, and salt to make the dressing.
- In a large serving bowl toss together lettuce, corn, green onion, cilantro, cotija or feta, almonds, and jalapeño. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Before serving, sprinkle with chili powder and additional almonds.