Sweet Potato Apple and Brie Crostini
In this delicious gluten-free crostini recipe, roasted sweet potato rounds stand in for the bread. This sweet potato, apple, and brie crostini recipe will make a savory and sweet appetizer for your Thanksgiving dinner party, but it’s also spectacular as a wine nibble to serve at any casual get-together. SantéⓇ Candied Walnuts create the perfect crunchy complement to earthy sweet potatoes, tart honeycrisp apples, and gooey brie in this surprisingly easy crostini recipe.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Servings/Yield: 36 Servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into ¼” thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 honeycrisp apples, cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 wheel (8 ounces) Brie or Camembert
- 1 cup SantéⓇ Candied Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl toss sweet potato slices with oil, salt, and pepper. Lay out in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Flip sweet potatoes and return to oven until lightly browned and cooked through, 15 minutes more. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Cut apples into ¼” slices and transfer to a medium bowl. Add lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Place a thin wedge of cheese on top of each sweet potato slice, then top with apple slices and walnuts. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with thyme leaves.