Hello, you’ve just met your new favorite side dish. Our recipe for roasted cabbage wedges with pecan crumble is dead simple and so satisfying that you’ll want to trot it out for every holiday and Sunday roast (we love it with our roasted cornish game hens, and it makes a satisfying meal with sausages). Roasting brings out the earthy-sweetness of cabbage, and textural contrast is provided by our sweet and spicy pecans, transforming this humble crucifer into something ethereal. This easy roasted cabbage recipe comes together in a snap, requiring less than ten minutes of active time in the kitchen. The Sweet and Spicy Pecan crumble is extremely versatile, so feel free to sprinkle it on other roasted vegetables as well. This roasted cabbage recipe is a good make-ahead side for busy holiday meals.
Cabbage cut into wedges and roasted until golden and crisp, topped with a mixture of buttery toasted breadcrumbs, herbs, Parmesan, and our Sweet and Spicy Pecans.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Servings/Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 small head green or red cabbage (about 2 pounds)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- ½ cup Santé Nuts Sweet and Spicy Pecans, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut cabbage into eight 1” thick wedges and place on baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until browned and crisp, 25-30 minutes.
- While cabbage roasts, in a medium skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add breadcrumbs, garlic, thyme, and rosemary and cook, stirring occasionally, until crumbs are browned, about 5 minutes. Take off heat and stir in pecans and Parmesan.
- Serve cabbage wedges topped with pecan crumble.