Bourbon, peaches, and pecans: besides Dolly Parton, they’re the three best things the South has to offer. You might think there’s no better taste of summer than grilled peaches, but we’ve found a way to make it even better. This grilled brown butter and bourbon peaches recipe is utterly delectable with vanilla ice cream and our buttery Bourbon Pecans on top, but you could also have it for breakfast (hey, it’s fruit!)— just sub the ice cream for a scoop of Greek yogurt. It makes the ideal dessert for a real Southern-style barbecue, but frankly, it would even pair well with a chicken salad sandwich (our nuts are great in those, too, by the way). When you have a grilled peaches recipe like this one, you’ll be looking for any excuse to fire up your grill.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Servings/Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large freestone peaches, halved and pitted
- Vanilla ice cream
- ¾ cup Santé Nuts Bourbon Pecans, roughly chopped
- Prepare a hot grill fire and lightly oil the grill grate.
- In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat and cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until butter starts to brown and smells fragrant. Add sugar and stir until melted. Take pan off heat and stir in bourbon and vanilla.
- Grill peaches cut side down until browned and slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Turn over and brush cut sides with brown sugar mixture. Turn back over and grill until caramelized, about 1 minute more. Transfer peaches to serving plates.
- Top peaches with ice cream, drizzle with remaining brown sugar mixture, and sprinkle with pecans.