Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash with Spicy Pecans
This savory and hearty vegetarian side dish is a simple recipe that's easy to make on any weekend, but attractive enough to have a place at your holiday table. This recipe for roasted brussels sprouts and butternut squash with spicy pecans takes everything you love about savory roasted vegetables and gives it a kick of crunch and heat with our Sweet & Spicy Pecans. Throw a pan of this in the oven when you’re roasting a chicken or a pork loin, and dinner practically cooks itself. A solid roasted butternut squash recipe like this can also dress up a basic rice pilaf for a meatless meal that’s sure to satisfy.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Servings/Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced into ½” cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1 bag (4 ounces) Santé Sweet & Spicy Pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- On a large baking sheet toss together Brussels sprouts, squash, oil, salt, and pepper and spread out in a single layer. Roast until tender and golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to a serving dish and toss with cranberries, parsley, and pecans. Serve warm or at room temperature.