It’s time to skip the raisins and chocolate chips. This Gluten-Free Oatmeal and Pecan Cookie recipe is a refreshing twist on the classic oatmeal cookie that you won’t want to miss. Featuring Bourbon Pecans, our gourmet glazed nuts that have hints of toasty vanilla and sweet caramel. These flavors create a blend with the oatmeal and cinnamon that yields a perfectly balanced bite. And of course, the nuts themselves only enhance the nuttiness already in the oatmeal cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free baking flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 room temperature egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Santé Bourbon Pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, ground cloves, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a large bowl, add the softened butter and sugars.
- Use an electric mixer on a medium-low speed to cream together for two minutes.
- Then, add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix again to combine.
- Sift in half of the dry ingredients before mixing to incorporate the dry and wet ingredients. Once throughly combined, add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Chop the pecans and add to the batter. Use a spatula to fold in to combine.
- Add the oats and fold into the batter using the spatula.
- Refrigerate the dough for 90 minutes. During the last 30 minutes that the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- After the allotted time, use a small cookie scoop to add 12 balls of dough to the prepared baking sheets. Ensure that each piece of cookie dough is placed two inches away from one another.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then allow to cool for five minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Finally, serve and enjoy!