English Pea Soup with Candied Walnuts
4 servings | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups fresh English peas
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Santé Candied Walnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook shallots until softened (not browned), about 3-4 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, tarragon, and peas, increase the heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, add salt and pepper to taste, and let simmer until peas are cooked through and tender, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Add cream and reheat.
- Serve soup topped with salt and pepper, a drizzle of cream or olive oil, and a handful of Santé Candied Walnuts.