This Mediterranean-inspired salad is simple, hearty, and delicious. Protein-rich ingredients like chickpeas, quinoa, and pecans make this recipe especially satisfying.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 2 tbs parsley, minced
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup Santé Sweet & Spicy Pecans, roughly chopped
- Combine chickpeas, cucumber, arugula, quinoa, feta, parsley, and avocado into a medium mixing bowl.
- In a 1 cup measuring cup, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using). Whisk to emulsify the ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over the salad mixture. Add chopped Sweet & Spicy Pecans and lightly toss.
- Top with more pecans and parsley to serve.