Roasting carrots concentrates their earthy flavor and enhances their natural sweetness. We’ve taken things a step further by adding butter, which browns in the heat of the oven, and honey, which gives the outside of the carrots a golden, caramelized crust. Then we top it with a generous sprinkling of chopped Candied Pecans. It’s one of the simplest side dishes around, but the flavors are so rich you’d never know.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 bunch slender carrots with tops
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup Santé Nuts Candied Pecans, coarsely chopped
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Remove tops from carrots. Peel carrots and cut lengthwise in half.
- On a large baking sheet toss carrots with butter, honey, and salt. Spread out in a single layer and roast until tender and caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer carrots to a serving dish and sprinkle with Santé Nuts Candied Pecans and parsley.