Vietnamese Rice Noodle Bowl
- ½ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup preferred vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 serrano or Thai chile, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound large shrimp in the shell
- 12 ounces thin dried rice noodles
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup SantéⓇ Chipotle Almonds
- Fresh mint leaves
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- In a medium bowl whisk together fish sauce, oil, sugar, lime juice, chile, and garlic. Add shrimp, toss to coat, cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours. Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water.
- Soak noodles in a large bowl of warm water for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain well and rinse under cold water. Drain well and divide between bowls.
- Prepare a hot grill fire or heat a grill pan over medium-high. Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers and grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Divide shrimp between bowls.
- Transfer marinade to a small saucepan with ½ cup water, bring to a boil, and boil 5 minutes.
- Divide cucumber, carrot, bean sprouts, almonds, mint, and cilantro between bowls, then drizzle with fish sauce mixture.