Thai Black Rice with Mango and Cashews
- 1 cup black rice
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- ¾ cup SantéⓇ Cardamom Cashews
- In a medium saucepan combine rice, ½ teaspoon salt, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
- In a second, medium saucepan combine coconut milk, sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat until warmed through and sugar is dissolved.
- To serve, pack warm, cooked rice into small, oiled ramekins, and turn out onto plates. Drizzle liberally with coconut sauce. Top with mango slices and cashews.