- 1½ cups short-grain white rice
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 4 bags genmaicha green tea or 4 teaspoons loose-leaf tea in a tea strainer
- 1 pound salmon, cut into 4 small fillets
- ½ cup SantéⓇ Garlic Almonds, roughly chopped
- 4 teaspoons furikake
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1¾ cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low to simmer until rice is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let sit, covered, off the heat for 5 minutes.
- While rice cooks, in a wide saucepan bring 4 cups water to a bare simmer (about 180℉). Take off the heat, add tea bags, and let steep 8 minutes. Remove tea, place pan back over medium heat, and add salmon. Cook at a very low simmer, basting salmon occasionally with tea, until salmon is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove salmon from liquid.
- Divide rice and green tea between bowls. Top with salmon and sprinkle with almonds, furikake, and green onion.