Apricot and Pistachio Olive Oil Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup roughly chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plain unsweetened yogurt (whole milk or low fat)
- 3 eggs
- Zest of 1 orange
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 bag (5 ounces) SantéⓇ Candied Pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Lightly oil a 10” springform pan and place a parchment round in bottom of pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Toss apricots in flour mixture.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together oil, yogurt, eggs, and orange zest and juice. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and fold in until combined and smooth. Fold in pistachios.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake until deep golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes, then run a thin knife around inside edge of pan and remove outer ring. Let cake cool completely, about 2 hours.