Roasted Beet, Sweet Potato and Parsnip Salad with Sweet and Spicy Pecans
Servings: 4 | Prep Time: 20 min | Difficulty: Easy
These root vegetables caramelize and sweeten as they bake in the oven. The sherry vinaigrette adds a bright finish and the nuts a sweet and spicy flair to the salad.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 medium beets, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup Santé Sweet and Spicy Pecans
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled goat cheese
Preheat oven to 425°F. Stir together olive oil, thyme, garlic and salt. Toss beets with 1/3 of the olive oil mixture; toss sweet potatoes and parsnips with remaining mixture. Arrange on two baking sheets in single layer. Roast vegetables, tossing occasionally, for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender (beets may take longer to cook). Let cool to room temperature.
Salad: Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard and salt; toss with greens. Top with roasted vegetables, pecans and cheese.