Jeweled Rice With Pistachios
Servings: 4 |Prep Time: 20 min | Difficulty: Easy
Saffron, fennel, and cumin-scented rice with pomegranate, dried apricots, and Santé Candied Pistachios
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1½ cups basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup SantéⓇ Candied Pistachios
- ⅓ cup chopped dried apricots
- In a small bowl combine saffron and ½ cup hot water. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan heat butter over medium. Add onion and saute until softened, 6-8 minutes. Add fennel and cumin and cook 1 minute more. Stir in rice and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is translucent, about 4 minutes. Add 2 cups water and saffron mixture, cover, reduce heat to simmer, and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes off the heat.
- Fluff rice with a fork and stir in pomegranate seeds, pistachios, and apricots.