Brown Butter Pecan Cookies
Servings: ## |Prep Time: ## min | Difficulty: Easy / Medium / Hard
Tender cookies flavored with nutty brown butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar with Santé Candied Pecans mixed into the dough and a whole candied pecan pressed into the top of each cookie
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 packed cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups SantéⓇ Candied Pecans
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat. Let butter cook, without stirring, until fragrant and browned. It will make crackling sounds and foam up. Swirl the pan if needed to determine when butter is browned. As soon as it is done, pour butter into a large mixing bowl.
- With a hand mixer beat sugars and vanilla into browned butter until smooth. Beat in eggs 1 at a time until smooth.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat flour into butter mixture on low speed until just combined.
- Reserve ¾ cup nuts and roughly chop remaining ¾ cup. Stir chopped pecans into cookie batter. Cover and chill batter at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
- Portion dough using a heaping tablespoon and roll into balls. Place 2” apart on prepared baking sheets. Press remaining ¾ cup pecans into cookies but do not flatten dough balls. Bake, rotating baking sheets halfway through cooking, until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheets.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.