- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tbs corn starch
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced (remove hard outer casing before mincing)
- 1/2 cup Garlic Almonds
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs tamari
- 1 1/2 tbs rice vinegar
- 1/2 inch knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 200 grams vermicelli noodles
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 2 small cucumbers, halved and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the ove to 450°F. Crumble a package of tofu into a medium bowl. Toss with cornstarch and then stir in sesame oil, shallots and lemongrass until coated. Pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet and then bake until desired texture / doneness. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients into a food processor and pulse to combine. Adjust the consistency to make the sauce more pourable by adding 2 tablespoons of hot water to thin (or more if needed).
- Prepare the noodles by adding to a medium-large bowl and soaking in hot water according to package directions. Once done, strain and add back to the medium-large bowl.
- Add vegetables and tofu to the bowl of noodles. Pour sauce over and mix everything to combine.
- Top with extra cilantro and chopped Garlic Almonds.