8 servings | Prep Time: 35 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
These DIY breakfast pastries are as beautiful as they are delicious. Made with a homemade all-butter pastry dough, an easy raspberry filling, a bright pink raspberry glaze, and Santé Chocolate Almonds for a rich, cocoa crunch, these pastries will have everyone asking you for this recipe.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- ½-¾ cup ice water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 large egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup freeze-dried raspberries
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup Santé Chocolate Almonds, coarsely chopped
- In a medium bowl combine flour and salt. Add butter and work into flour with fingertips, flattening the pieces of butter and breaking them up until all the butter is flattened and broken apart. Add ice water a little at a time, stirring with a fork between additions, until all the flour is moistened but not wet. The mixture should come together when squeezed. If it is too crumbly or dry, add a little more water.
- Divide dough in half, flatten each piece into a round, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
- When ready to make the pastries, in a medium bowl stir together raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Working with 1 piece of dough at a time on a lightly floured countertop, roll out dough into a large square of about 12 x 12”. Trim any uneven edges then cut dough into four 5 x 5” squares. Repeat with other half of dough.
- Place a generous tablespoon of raspberry mixture on each square, leaving a border all the way around. Brush edges of dough with egg-water mixture and fold pastry in half, pressing edges with a fork to seal.
- Transfer pastries to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush pastries with remaining egg-water mixture and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes on baking sheet on a rack.
- In a food processor pulse freeze-dried raspberries until finely ground. If desired, remove any seeds from the raspberry powder by sifting it through a fine-mesh sieve, then return to food processor. Add sugar, milk, and vanilla and pulse until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Drizzle glaze over pastries and sprinkle with chocolate almonds.
- Serve immediately.