This lemon garlic pasta is the perfect summer pasta dish. It's creamy, delicious, and has a crunch of spicy and smoky Chipotle Almonds. This easy recipe comes together in just 30 minutes.
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups long fusilli pasta
- ½ cup Santé Chipotle Almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil finely chopped
- Whole basil leaves to garnish
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once it begins to bubble, add the garlic. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, minced onion, onion powder, cracked black pepper, lemon juice, and zest, and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes. Add the parmesan cheese, constantly stir to allow even melting, and bring the mixture to a light boil. Allow the sauce to reduce on medium-low heat and thicken for 5 minutes.
- Prior to making the sauce or during, prepare the long fusilli pasta according to the instructions on the package in a large pot. Rinse and strain, saving ¼ – ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Transfer the pasta into the large pan with the sauce, add the amount of pasta water desired, and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Add in the chopped Chipotle Almonds and chopped basil, and mix to combine. Serve the pasta with fresh basil leaves and extra almonds.